Get Away With Your Struggle To Manage Amazon Seller Central Account With This Guide
Are you an Amazon seller or planning to sell on amazon? Want to know how to manage your Amazon seller central account efficiently? Then you are at the right place! In this blog, you’ll learn the step-by-step process of how to manage your Amazon seller account like a pro to scale your business to a six-figure income.
The amazon seller central portal has several tabs that you need to check regularly. The most important tab in your seller central account is the Inventory tab, it is preferable to check it at least twice a week. Once you click on manage inventory under the inventory tab, you can see all your listed products.
What To Monitor On Your Inventory Tab?
The first thing to observe is the status of your product listing. If the status is suppressed, that means your product has no image or improper image, thus you need to click on the edit button and upload all the images that are of high quality. You can upload up to 9 images, however, uploading at least 1 image is compulsory.
Since product images are a very important aspect of your product listing, you should not overlook this part. After you have made the necessary changes, the status will change from suppressed to Active in 4-5 hours.
The second thing to monitor is your inventory stock on amazon. Make sure you are updating it regularly or else you might face problems in getting orders. Checking the inventory page periodically will help you to maintain a healthy stock. In case, if you receive an order and if you are not able to fulfill the same, you have to cancel the order and this will not only affect metrics but also give a bad opinion to the customer. If you are getting a good amount of sales and profitability, then you can start investing in several automation tools like OMS guru, brown tape, or unicommerce to automate your inventory monitoring process, which will save you time and effort. Every time you check your inventory page, you also need to optimize your product listing page.
So What Comes Under Product Listing Optimisation?
Many people feel that Product Listing Optimization is a very complicated process, but it is not so. If you know what are the important aspects of efficient product listing optimization, then you can easily do it without much struggle. Make sure to follow the below-given points to fully optimize your product listing.
- The image should exactly match the physical product: For example, you cannot sell a blue coffee mug and include a red coffee mug in your product image. Whatever you are selling, it should be the same in the image as well.
- Image and description of the product should match: It essentially means that whatever you are selling, your product description must be relevant to that. Your product description cannot include points that are not relevant to your product.
- No false promises: If you are giving some complimentary product for free, mention that clearly and do not make any fake claims about your product in the description.
- Check whether you have the right authorization: If you plan to sell a particular product, make sure you have got approval from the brand owner to sell that product.
Check Your Account Health For List Of Policy Violation
Now, go to the Performance tab and click on account health, where you’ll see Customer Service Performance, Policy Compliance, & Shipping Performance.
Under Customer Service Performance, you can check your Order Defect Rate. The Order Defect Rate (ODR) is a key measure of your ability to deliver a good customer service experience. It includes all orders with one or more defects represented as a percentage of total orders during a given 60-day time period. Order defects mainly occur due to damages during shipping and also poor quality so never compromise on the quality of your products.
Policy Compliance includes the list of policy violations which are classified as follows:
- Suspected Intellectual Property Violation: If you are using someone else’s brand name without their authorization you will get suspected intellectual property violation.
- Received Intellectual Property Complaints: When the owner of the product gives a complaint against you claiming that you have infringed their intellectual property like their brand name, logo, or design.
- Product Authenticity Customer Complaints: If you purchase from a local wholesale mart, then there are chances that they’ll be selling you some duplicate product. So always validate your supply chain and always purchase the product only from the brand or recognized distributor. In case you miss doing it, then you’ll be getting product authenticity customer complaints.
- Product Condition Customer Complaints: In case you sell duplicate products, old products, near expiry date products, or low-quality products, then you’ll face this issue. To avoid this issue, make sure that you follow the FIFO model in your warehouse – First In First Out. So whenever you get stuck in your warehouse make sure that it is going out first. If you follow this model you won’t have this old or expired stock issue and thus all the old stocks will be sold first and you won’t get those product condition complaints.
- Food And Product Safety Issues: Food and product safety complaints will happen whenever you try to sell an expiry food product or a near expiry food product. Make sure if you are selling food products the product is packed properly so that it is reaching the customer in a good condition on time.
- Listing Policy Violations: If you list your product incorrectly, for example, if your product description is giving out false claims or includes misleading information, then your product comes under listing policy violation.
- Restricted Product Policy Violations: Do not sell the product that has not been authorized by amazon or restricted by Amazon. In such cases, you will get restricted policy violations.
- Customer Product Reviews Policy Violations: You should not manipulate any reviews for your product.
In case you get any of these policy violations, do not panic. You can address the issue by sending a plan of action or invoice of the product to amazon and their team will look into it and sort the issue.
Under Shipping Performance, you can view:
- Late dispatch rate: The Late Dispatch Rate represents the orders that are shipping confirmed after the expected shipping date as a percentage of total orders, over both 10 days or 30 days. This is applicable only for Merchant fulfilled orders.
- Valid tracking rate: Valid Tracking Rate is a performance metric that measures how often you use valid tracking numbers on orders. This metric reflects Amazon customers’ expectations that they should be able to find out where their orders are and when they will receive them. This is applicable only for Self ship orders only.
- Pre fulfillment cancel rate: The pre-fulfillment cancel rate is the number of orders canceled by a seller before ship confirmation, divided by the number of orders in the period of interest.
Navigating Through The Campaign Manager
It is essential to run Amazon PPC ads to differentiate your product from other competitors and to stay on page 1 of the product listings. By optimizing your PPC ads, you can generate more sales and profitability.
On the advertising tab, click on the campaign manager to view your ad campaign data. The important metrics to check in your campaign are:
- Impression: The number of people your ad was shown to.
- Acos (Advertisement cost of sales): This is an important metric to understand & measure how well your Amazon Sponsored campaigns are working.
- Clicks: The number of clicks on your advertisements.
- Sales: The number of people who converted and bought your product after seeing your ad.
Hence this is how you can manage your Amazon seller central account regularly so that you don’t get any policy violation issues on your account. If you carefully follow all these points, you can easily build a sustainable business and scale it to a 6 figure income!